9.28.2010

DIY Dry Erase Message Frame





Found this framed art at the 'Serenity House' second-hand shop in Sequim, it was only a dollar!


J had recently made a menu board for her mother's kitchen, so I decided to give it a whirl.


At first I was intimidated because the back was covered, and I was not sure if I would be able to remove the artwork.. With a little bravery, I gently peeled it off to reveal a plain frame-like backing. Using my plastic debit card, I bent up the wire holdings and removed the artwork. I kept the paper 'grocery bag'-like material because I dislike wasting perfectly good paper..
Using the artwork, I cut my piece of regular scrapbook paper to fit the size of the frame.









I typed up the words I wanted to print, taped the brown paper to a regular sized piece of printer paper and set the color to a brownish hue, which I felt kept the rustic feel of the backdrop for the menu.

I made sure that the pages printed one at a time so that I could make sure the thick paper would fit through the machine before I printed the second sheet.





Then I cut out what I wanted to use, and pasted them on the scrapbook paper with Tacky Glue. Waited for it to dry and stuck it in the frame (making sure the orientation was correct before folding down the wire holdings!)


!!



K

No comments:

Post a Comment